Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fun Times

I haven't posted for quite a while. I was looking through my pictures and found some recent pictures of some fun times I have had with my family. My dad is a big time fisherman. I mean the guy eats, drinks, and sleeps fishing. He has seven grandsons who always beg him to take them fishing, but honestly, I agree with him that fishing with kids isn't fun. It sounds like way more work than it is worth. My mom had a brilliant idea for all seven grandkids, a few of us adults and my dad to go fishing at some guy's pond in Minkcreek. We had to use fly-fishing poles because they didn't want us using bait. So if you know much about fishing, fly-fishing is not for kids. Just imagine hooks flying through the air and seven very eager and excited boys all wanting a turn. I was not really looking forward to it, but take a look.
There were so many fish that Parker even snagged one by it's gills.



My dad told Colby he had to kiss it before he let it go, Colby sain NO WAY GRANDPA!! My dad asked him why he would kiss a horse, a cow, a cat and his dog, but not a fish swimming in fresh clean water. Colby thought for a moment and said, "Grandpa, that water is muddy."

I know that you should never believe fish stories, but I am not kidding, every kid had several chances to reel in fish that were really big. It was not like I thought it would be at all. We had three poles going. Between my dad and Tyson, there was always somebody reeling in a big one.

Tyson and my dad pretty much would cast out, get a bite, then hand the pole off to one on the boys.

It was a beautiful day, especially for December.

I hate my voice, but Jaxon really wants me to add this.


6 comments:

Nicky said...

wow...that looks awesome! Those fish look huge. That will be a treasured memory for those grandsons.

Maria said...

I love the picture of Jaxon with his huge fish. No caption needed on that one!

Suz Galloway said...

How funny - love how colby says that there are sharks in there. Nice fish

Suz Galloway said...

Me again - yes I have stuff on stock - and I just put in my last order before christmas - you can order online on my website - if you order by the 15th you should get it before christmas.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

So was Tyson counted as one of the seven kids, or did he count as a grown up?

I love the video. I always hate hearing my voice on video too. Looks like great times.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Holy crap...that's a big fish Jaxon has! That thing could bite a limb off!