Saturday, November 8, 2008

My Favorite Time of Year!!!


Halloween is fun, but I am always glad when it is over. It may have something to do with teaching school and having a Halloween Party with 23 out of control loaded with sugar kids and myself trying to control the maddness. We had a fun Halloween, once school was finally out. We, my mom and sister and I took out kids trick-or-treating the old fashion way (I HATE trunk-or-treat). It was so fun walking around the neighborhood from door to door, and watching, especially the older people, take some time with the kids and admiring their costumes. They didn't get as much candy as they would at the truck-or-treat, but who needs all that crap anyway? As you can tell I am an anti-trunk-or -treat type of gal. I think it is just a bunch of greedy kids trying to get as much candy as they can. I especially get annoyed with the older kids who would go around 2-3 times. I'll quit going off on it-sorry!!! We took the kids to the Arctic Circle playland for dinner and let them play for an hour or so, and had the place to ourselves. They gave each kid a halloween flashlight as their treat and then we headed to Chelsi's neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Anyways, a funny thing happened. Stockton's freaky bleeding skeleton costume started leaking blood, so we had to come up with something else for him to wear. It was sad, because he ABSOLUTELY LOVED his costume. We threw together whatever we could find and he was the cutest little girl in heels and lipstick I have ever seen, if Toni had a girl this is what she would look like. At every door he had to explain to everyone that he was only wearing it because Chelsi was making him. We laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. Then we put the kids in the back of my mom's truck and took them to the Dunn house. If you don't know what the Dunn house is, next year you have got to go! It is a house in Whitney that goes all out and I mean really scary all out for Halloween. We had all 7 little boys and Tyson in the back of my mom's truck and they were freaked out-including Tyson (he'll never read this). It was a real fun night.

But, now that Halloween is over with, which is where I started, now it is my favorite time of year. I love the feeling of the holidays. I especially love being a teacher around the holidays, knowing that I have a Thanksgiving and Christmas Break to look forward to.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

I really don't doubt that you almost peed your pants - are you sure you didn't???!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I can't imagine you laughing so hard you almost peed your pants. It just sounds so unlike you!

When I was a teenager, I went to a Halloween party at the Dunn's house. I remember walking up to the door and seeing a really freaky scare crow sitting next to the door. And then it reached out and grabbed me. I think I did pee my pants. It was her dad dressed up as a scare crow and sitting very very still. I'm glad some people find such joy in Halloween. For me, it's just one more holiday out of the way to get closer to Christmas! Just one more to go! kelli