Tuesday, January 12, 2010

SICK of sick!!!!!

Ok, I hate to complain about having a sick kid, because honestly we have been blessed with good health in our family and I am really grateful for that, but Jaxon has had to miss lots of fun stuff because he's sick so much. It all started the day he was born, what a rough start, then because of that he has such weak fragile lungs and it seems like he catches EVERYTHING!!!!! This bad air is really making it hard for him. Anybody know of a good miracle vitamin or something that I should be giving him for that extra boost that he really needs right now??? I'm going to try Reliv (I think that's how you spell it). If any of you know of something good please let me know because I am really tired of this and he is more tired of it than I am. This weekend it was the croup and now strep throat. YUCK!!!!!!!!!! But-like I said, I know things could be much worse and I am very thankful that they aren't!!!! Also, I am thankful that I live NOW because there are medications that can make things much better. Whenever he gets sick I can't help but thing of the people who lived long ago, or the pioneers comming across the plains that had to just watch helplessly as their children died. What would they have given to the meds that we have now???

5 comments:

Dave Lucy & Marley Gurney said...

Bummer. Poor kid I feel so bad for him! and you! Hope everythings clears up SOON :)

Maria said...

Vitamin C helps build the immune system. McKay loves 'min c' so it is sometimes a reward. Hope Jaxon gets better soon!

Abbie Anderson said...

Oh so sad. My friend wrote the exact same thing on her blog, "sick of sick" I think it's the saddest thing to watch when our kids our sick. Keep up the posts though I love following what you are up to.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Boy, after that long of the sicks, he might even get sick of playing DS! MIGHT.

Hope he gets feeling better!

Nicky said...

Ira and I have been taking Vitamin D, especially through the winter. I had Kam in to his pediatrician this week, and he commented how the biggest thing people lack in, and need to take is Vit D. I knew that with adults, but I guess kids need it too! (it's for the immune system, energy, depression etc., we usually absorb it through our skin from the sun, but in the winter we don't get any).