Friday, May 29, 2009

IT'S ABOUT TIME --- I KNOW

So much has happened since my last post (only 3 months worth of stuff) that I really don't know where to start. Life has been busy, like all of yours I am sure, but now that school is out I have lots more free time on my hands and I love it. I love being a mom of two energetic little guys. They definately keep me hopping. Jaxon is such a fun little 7 year old. I love it when he laughs. He has been playing baseball and it is so much fun to watch him. I actually get to help coach his team. He is a little fish. Today, we put up our pool and I had a real hard time getting him out of it. The water is freezing and I really don't know how he can stand it. Jaxons favorite thing is Honey Bunches of Oats (I can't complain). Parker is quite the demanding 3 year old. I think he thinks that the purpose of my existence is to wait on him every second of the day. I just love his curly hair. It needs to be cut SO BAD, but I just can't do it yet. He is a joker and has been ever since he realized he could be one. His favorite thing is chocolate milk (preferably the gossner kind that comes in the little boxes with straws). Parker still sleeps in my bed about 50% of the time, and the other 50% of the time I sleep with him in his bed. I just love to snuggle up to him and I figure why not, pretty soon he will be too old and won't let me sleep with him. We have a baby kitten and both my boys are such animal lovers that this poor little kitten will be lucky to survive being handled, hauled, and cuddled every second of the day. Now that school is out, Tyson is keeping busy with his dad's farm. Somedays I wish he could just stay home, but when he does he goes crazy and makes me crazy. He is a busy body and always needs something to do. I guess I am glad. I couldn't stand to see him sit on the couch all summer. Next week will be our 10 year reunion and guess where we are going. We will be together the entire week enjoying an MTI Mathematics class/training. Doesn't that sound like fun? I am totally dreading it. Everyday next week from 8:30-4:30 in Preston. Maybe when it's over we can celebrate our making it 10 years. I can't believe that it has been 10 years. Time flies when you are happy! Thank you Tyson for 10 years of happiness!

6 comments:

Maria said...

Great update Mandi! And I love the picture you have on the header - super cute. I'm glad you have more time now school is out. That will be so nice!

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

carghtwaWhat a cute picture!!!
Wow 10 years, makes me even older.

Kent and Kathy Moser said...

What the heck is that first word and where did it come from???

Nicky said...

I think moms first word was something they speak in the Marshall Islands!
Now I know how you two have stayed married for 10 years!...you only have "reunions" once a year, instead of anniversaries! That way, you only have to see each other once a year, - good plan! :)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

What the heck is a marriage reunion? Does that mean you only have to see him on the 5 year, the 10 year, the 15 year, etc....? No wonder you've made it so long!

The Wisers said...

Mandi I hope you enjoy your summer break. I love the little bits about your kids, they sound like great kids. I can't believe it has been ten years...was it seriously that long ago that we were roomies at ISU?!?!